Michael McConkey is a researcher, author and podcaster specializing in behavioral economics and evolutionary cognition. In addition to hosting The Biological Realist Podcast, he provides consulting and educational services, explaining human psychology and behaviour, for businesses and other clients concerned with better understanding how to engage various publics and markets. Marketing, product development, organizational design and policy are among the areas of practice improved through insights into the science of human nature.
Upon request, he also offers educational seminars on the evolutionary social sciences.
- Ph.D. from McGill University, Communication Studies.
- 12 years as university professor.
- Three years as lead researcher at the Institute of Public Administration of Canada
- Co-founder of Lacan Salon (with Hilda Fernandez).
- Co-founder of the Vancouver Sociobiology Study Group (with David Clark).